Who We Are
Raglan Suite Ltd is a dental practice registered at 16-18 Raglan Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 1LE. If you would like to contact us about any of the information contained within this privacy notice you can contact our Practice Manager Claire Shields by email at email@example.com or telephone on 01423 565432.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you enquire about our services or make an appointment with us for treatment. We will retain details and clinical notes relating to the care you receive within our practice and from third parties. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, participate in competitions or provide feedback to us.
We may collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Information about your dental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Correspondence from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care
- Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
- Feedback and complaints
- CCTV images
- Our website, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns – including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
- We hold patients’ data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
How we will use the information we have about you
We may use this information to:
- To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
- We may contact you to conduct patient surveys or to find out if you are happy with the treatment you received for quality control purposes.
- We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are SMS, telephone, email or letter.
- We may use your information for our own analysis to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
If we wish to use your information for dental research or dental education, we will discuss this with you and seek your consent. Depending on the purpose and if possible, we will anonymise your information. If this is not possible we will inform you and discuss your options.
We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our practices.
We have CCTV in our practices for the purposes of patient, staff and visitor safety and security.
Our regulators, The General Dental Council, require us to create and retain records of the dental treatment that is provided to patients. We are obliged by law to keep these records for 10 years after the last date of treatment.
We will not disclose your personal data, including records of your treatment, unless required to do so by law, or with your explicit consent. If you have been referred for treatment with us by another medical professional, we may disclose details of your treatment to them where appropriate. Wherever possible we will discuss any disclosure with you in advance. We will never pass on your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
We may share your information with selected third parties including; business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will use your information to provide you with details about other services or products that we offer that we think will be relevant to your ongoing care or may be of interest to you.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, click here.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information please email or write to us at the following address; The Raglan Suite, 16-18 Raglan Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 1LE.
If your personal details change, or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections.
If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your data, or are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you may have made, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner Office (include link)
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. When dental records are shared with third parties, this is done through an encrypted file sharing service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.